Internal Solutions Engineer
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
Each hire is the chance to find someone great, who will bring fresh ideas and energy to drive your business forward! For individuals, each new role is a chance to make an impact, develop skills and make new friends. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both companies and candidates dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched our MVP in May 2017 with a rag-tag bunch of development superstars and started generating revenue the day it went live. We haven’t looked back since: the last 2 years has seen over 50,000 candidates sign up to our platform; roughly 2,000 employers (including the likes of Monzo, Uber Eats, Bulb Energy and BCG to name a few); the size of the team has quadrupled and investors have supported the business with over £3M of funding to accelerate our growth.
But we’re not done yet - we need more amazing developers to join our technical team as we consolidate and accelerate our expansion into 2019. Although we’ve got great traction and a maturing product, we’re still a small and dynamic team and most definitely still in startup mode, so we’re looking for people who are:
- Super smart, driven and a little bit different from the norm
- Responsible and diligent - willing to go out of your comfort zone to deliver greatness
- Team players - as ready to have a laugh and support your colleagues as you are smashing out code
We are hiring for a number of development positions.
This opportunity is to be the first person in a new team dedicated to internal projects. You would be mostly self-organising, but would work initially under the guidance of our CTO and Development Lead and very closely with developers on other teams. This role would particularly suit self-starters who are interested in solving varied problems across the business.
Some of the things you might end up looking at:
- Integrations, automations and optimisations of all sorts, e.g. Slack!
- Elasticsearch / Elastic Stack, big data, data warehousing
- Find novel ways for us to measure and improve what we're doing - an essential part of lean product development!
We’re considering applicants with a range of experience, from those early on in their journeys to seasoned veterans with team lead experience; and those coming from different technical backgrounds, although we are looking for the following in particular:
- Experience in either ES6+ or an equivalent modern functionally-capable language. The broader the experience the better - we love polyglots!
- Some real-world commercial experience commensurate to skill level. Experience in startups a real benefit.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React, web services and modern web applications in general.
- Solid design principle fundamentals. We like people who know their SRP from their OCP :)
In return we can offer:
- A place in an agile product team where you’ll be able to build real features for real users.
- The opportunity to use your initiative and creativity to help maintain and grow the technical platform, codebase and team using the latest tools and techniques.
- A supportive environment which gives you room to grow and pursue the career goals which matter to you.
- Share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Regular team lunches
- Beers after work
- Mystery box (all will be revealed!)
- Working with a fun, smart team